The MSCI Northern Ohio Chapter is hosting, “A Manufacturing Summit: Closing the Divide Between Jobs, Policy and Growth”. The summit is open to all on October 1, 2012 at Jergens Inc.
The summit will feature a panel discussion, followed by time for Q & A and political candidate statements. The panel will be moderated by Bob Weidner, MSCI’s President and Chief Executive Officer, and comprise a rich line-up of panelists from Northern Ohio’s manufacturing base
Karla Lewis, executive vice president and CFO, Reliance Steel and Aluminum Co;
Roger Sustar, president and owner, Fredon Corporation;
Robert J. Lapp, vice president-government affairs and community relations, The Timken Company.
Gary Stein, President, Triple-S Steel Supply
Some of the topics of discussion will consist of:
• Tax policies and reforms that would lower the cost of doing business;
· Regulatory policy, including implementation of the EPA greenhouse gas standards, 2010 health care law and proposed OSHA Injury and Illness Prevention Program regulations;
• Energy policies that support reliable, domestic energy supplies;
• Trade issues, including currency manipulation, trade law enforcement and corporate taxation; and
• Workforce development, including card check and reforming retraining programs.
As advocates for the continued growth of manufacturing in Ohio, we strongly encourage your participation. Please open the attached invitation that outlines the goals of this important event.
Your RSVP is requested by September 24, 2012.
Click here for more information and to register
15700 S. Waterloo Rd
Cleveland, OH 44110