Front Line Leadership - Supervisory Training
The challenges of supervision today are distinctly different than a decade ago. Being the “Supervisor” (an individual who oversees the activities of others) isn’t the definition that works in contemporary workplaces. Being a Leader is much more effective today than being a “Boss.” Today’s supervisors and managers deal with important responsibilities each day – improving the performance of others, resolving conflict and leading effective teams to name just a few.
Module 1: Leadership Today
- Role of the Front-line Leader
- The need to create a new leadership strategy
- Establishing supervisory skills
- Your roles and responsibilities
Module 2: Effective Communication
- The importance of communication
- What is my ‘social style’?
- Understanding others and meeting their needs
- How ‘social style’ affects your leadership style
- Understanding team dynamics and team leadership
Module 3: Engagement
- Valuing employee engagement
- Linking social style to employee engagement
- Linking supervisory style to employee engagement
- Applying straight forward engagement strategies
Module 4: Conflict Management
- Understanding how supervisory behaviors impact results, relationship and success
- Common causes of conflict
- Linking goal setting to performance
- Using feedback to improve performance
- Putting it all together
Who Should Attend
Front Line Supervisors n Shop Floor Supervisors n Plant Managers n General Foremenn All Personnel with Direct Reports.
Upcoming Front Line Leadership Workshops:
None available at this time.