Battle Tested Leadership Principles for Metals Executives
April 23 – 25, 2018
Join top metals industry executives at the Historic Thayer Hotel at West Point on the grounds of the United States Military Academy in New York.
The Thayer Leader Development Group (TLDG) and MSCI have designed an exclusive, 3-day, dynamic, interactive leadership development experience for our industry. The faculty are senior retired military officers who have learned their leadership lessons on the battlefield. The curriculum includes a history-filled tour of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, classroom teaching and practical field exercises. This is all designed to help you rethink, re-examine and re-calibrate how you lead. You'll learn how to:
- Develop the skills necessary to operate in uncertain, complex, rapidly changing environments
- Make decisions with incomplete information and effectively manage risk
- Communicate your intent and insure alignment throughout your organization
- Become a trusted leader who creates new leaders, not followers
Come to “Battle Tested Leadership Principles for Metals Executives”. Leave educated and inspired.
Space is limited and is already filling up fast. Please register soon.
The registration fee of $5,495 covers educational materials, hotel stay and meals during the program - everything but your travel to and from the Thayer Hotel at West Point, NY.
For further information or to attend as a management team, please contact:
Registration deadline March 23, 2018
MSCI held its most recent program at the Thayer Leader Development Group’s (TLDG) facility at West Point, NY. That program, held in early December 2017, received this feedback from attendees:
"Excellent leadership theory and practice. Good exercises to reinforce theory. Great mix of quality instructors and attendees. Liked the PT session - good message. I am very proud of the US Army and the military academy! Living a small part of the culture was awesome."
- John Lamprinakos, President, Worthington Steel Company
- "Outstanding experience in a historic location. Course context was outstanding and very applicable to the business challenges we face. Encouraging to see how the Army has adapted to changing times to improve their leadership training to be more effective. All of those tools and techniques can be applied to our business."
- "A program that makes you rethink your leadership approach and style along with the development of future leaders."
- "Very moving. Powerful experience. Taught just as much about life as business.
- "A comprehensive study on leadership and leading with intent, purpose and the goal of success from an organization. Highly recommended."
Time-tested prowess in leadership development using TLDG's unique 4-Pronged Approach to leadership development, which is grounded in the leadership principles from the Army and West Point.
Unparalleled experiential and team building exercises--leveraging the Hudson River Valley and West Point's history, geography and beauty--that directly reinforce leadership principles of strategy, communication and trust.
Unique opportunity to engage retired General Officers and Senior Advisors (SAs) in the leadership program 24/7.
SAs serving as a coach and mentor to provide personal insights on how he or she used the principles discussed, facilitating strategic conversations, and helping develop action plans for your business environment.
World-renowned speakers who embody being “leaders of character”, including retired General Officers, Medal of Honor recipients and space shuttle astronauts who provide culminating motivational speeches.
Thayer Leader Development Group (TLDG) at West Point builds leaders with a simple premise: character is foundational to your ability to lead. Combine this with knowledge and action, and you unleash the “whole” leader every organization needs. This approach has been proven by over two hundred years of application in the United States Army – it is the reason TLDG makes its home at The Historic Thayer Hotel on the grounds of West Point. At TLDG, like nowhere else, you’ll experience the legacy of military leadership lessons from those who have powered and led a nation. And today, empower organizations to adapt and thrive.
True leaders, we believe, courageously enact change, master opposition, foster productivity, and respond decisively. It’s not enough to just know about leadership. The Thayer Leader Development Group spans the gap between knowing about leadership in theory and acting like a leader when it counts. TLDG builds leaders in the same time-honored tradition that has helped build one of the world’s most powerful nations.