Join MSCI’s Economic Summit And Plan Your Business Strategy In 24 Hours
The Metals Service Center Institute’s annual Economic Summit is just two weeks away. Hundreds of leaders from the metals industry already are registered (click here to see)—are you? The U.S. economy expanded at 4.1 percent in the 2ndquarter, but what risks lurk around the corner? Summit speakers will address this question, and many others.
The summit also will offer vital end-use market data to help companies plan for 2019. Robert F. Wescott, founder and president of Keybridge Research LLC, an economic consulting firm in Washington, D.C. also will introduce MSCI’s new end market research tool, Momentum Monitors.
The summit, which will be held August 20-21 in Schaumburg, Ill., also will feature:
- Aerospace: Richard Aboulafia, vice president, analysis, Teal Group Corporation will discussed expected changes for commercial, defense and private aircraft;
- Appliances: Kevin Girdharry, manager, policy and data analysis, Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, will give a forecast for home appliances in the United States and Canada;
- Automotive and Light Truck: Michael Robinet, director, global production forecasts, IHS Automotive, will offer the complete outlook for North American automotive and light truck output;
- Automotive Tier 2 and Tier 3 After-Market Parts: Shane Norton, director, IHS Markit, will provide the outlook for automotive after-market parts;
- Commercial Construction: Kenneth D. Simonson, chief economist, Associated General Contractors of America, will provide the outlook for commercial real estate & power generation projects:
- Defense: Bill Edgar, senior analyst, Edgar LLC, will offer a forecast for U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army procurement, and federal spending;
- Food Service, Food Processing, and Medical Equipment Outlook: Lauren Saidel-Baker, economist, ITR Economics, will provide an outlook for the food service and processing industries as well as medical equipment;
- Heavy Equipment: Don Johnson, retired chief economist of Caterpillar and founder, Precision Economics Inc., will provide an outlook for agricultural, construction, industrial machinery, mining equipment and heavy truck manufacturing;
- Infrastructure: Tony Nash, founder and CEO, Complete Intelligence, will provide an outlook for federal and large-scale private projects in roads, bridges, ports and high-speed trains;
- Rail and Truck and Truck/Trailer: Eric Starks, CEO and chairman, FTR Transportation Intelligence, will provide an outlook for rail cars and rail infrastructure;
- Renewable Energy: Lauren Saidel-Baker, economist, ITR Economics, will provide an outlook and trends for geothermal, wind, solar, biofuels;
- Residential Construction: Robert Dietz, chief economist, National Association of Home Builders, will provide an outlook for the housing market. Learn how builders’ sentiment and consumer confidence are impacting housing starts; and
- Oil and Gas: Laura Speake, regional chief economist, Caterpillar, will provide an outlook for oil, natural gas, and fracking.
Registration is still open—click here to join MSCI and to see the full current list of speakers.