MSCI COVID-19 Webinar Series
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused everyone in the metals industry to re-set expectations for what is “normal.” In response, MSCI is offering a series of webinars to help member company executives prepare for managing in this new-abnormal time. Our speakers are metals company executives, trusted third-party experts, MSCI’s economics consulting firms, and academic leaders from MSCI’s education partners.
The webinars are one-hour online events and are promoted separately through e-mail invitations that provide a registration link to one of MSCI’s online platforms. The webinars feature presentations, discussions, and question and answer sessions.
If you have any suggestions for speakers or content, please e-mail Chris Marti, VP, Executive Education at email@example.com
We hope you will attend one of these valuable, hour-long webinar sessions soon.
Upcoming Webinar Schedule
- Register For: Economic Update – Keybridge Research: Please join MSCI for a free webinar featuring Rob Wescott and Elizabeth Rust from Keybridge Research. This webinar will focus on the general economy with emphasis on the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on manufacturing and other important metals end markets.
- The webinar will take place at 11:00 AM (CT) on Wednesday, June 3rd.
- Register for: Guidance and Tips for Managing (Newly) Remote Work Teams: Please join us for this complimentary and timely webinar as we offer guidance and tips for adopting and administering remote work arrangements. Explore strategies that can help you ease the transition and improve the engagement and productivity of remote employees.
- The webinar will take place at 1:00 PM (CT) on Thursday, June 4th.
Recorded Webinar Videos
4-1-20: COVID-19 Economic Impact Webinar
MSCI held a one-hour webinar for all Momentum Monitor subscribers on Wednesday, April 1 at 11:00 am CDT. This webinar featured economists Rob Wescott and Elizabeth Rust from Keybridge Research, who discussed the ongoing economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic and the likely impacts on the industrial metals end markets and related industries.
Dr. Samuel Chun from the Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis discusses various business-related aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join MSCI for a webinar featuring Elizabeth Rust, a senior economist at Keybridge Research. Elizabeth reports on the results of Keybridge Research’s study to determine the nature and effects of the offshoring of the U.S. manufacturing base on U.S. service center shipments.
Government Stimulus Programs
4-8-20: COVID-19: Guidance on U.S. Stimulus Business Provisions and Essential Business Designations
MSCI hosts the U.S. Chamber discussing current guidance pertaining to COVID-19 U.S. Stimulus provisions and implementation resources as well as Essential business designations from the Department of Homeland Security.
MSCI asks Ron Eidshaug and Erik Rust from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to update members on the status of the U.S. government COVID-19 stimulus packages such as the CARES ACT and the new Mainstreet Lending Program.
Operations & Safety
5-5-20: COVID-19 Operations & Safety Issues
MSCI leads a discussion featuring Joe Galasso, Corporate Director, Health, Safety & Environment for Samuel, Son & Co. Joe has been engaged for over 30 years in the well-being and safety of a large international workforce. Discussion topics include:
- Appropriate methods to maintain a safe work environment.
- How the COVID-19 pandemic is different than previous events.
- How to prepare for ongoing COVID-19 interruptions and re-opening.
Join MSCI and Optimum Safety for a free one-hour webinar update on returning to work safely, featuring Dr. John Koehler MD, CME, and Brian Dudgeon, Senior Safety Professional at Optimum Safety. During this webinar you will learn:
- Medical considerations related to COVID-19 exposures.
- Designing and implementing an infectious disease policy.
- Protection measures specific to COVID-19.
- Personal Protective Equipment and supply chain constraints.
- Action steps for implementing an exposure control plan.
A Safety-related Fireside Chat with Steve Bullard, GM of Safety for Coilplus, Inc., Steve Yates, CEO of Optimum Safety and Brian Dudgeon, Account Manager and Sr. Safety Professional with Optimum Safety. The primary topics are related to keeping the workforce safe during the coronavirus pandemic.
OSHA guidance for COVID-19 contains recommendations as well as descriptions of mandatory safety and health standards. Through this one-hour webinar, understand how to incorporate these recommendations in order to provide a safe and healthful workplace for employees. A Q&A session will follow the presentation.
Join MSCI for a webinar on COVID-19 and the immediate future of business travel. When can we get our sales force back in front of customers? What are the considerations, and what are the new rules for business travelers?
4-30-20 How to Be the Calm in the Chaos