MSCI This Week: Regional Forum Focused On Mid-America And Texas
While the coronavirus pandemic has kept industrial metals industry colleagues from meeting in person, the Metals Service Center Institute is working to develop engaging, virtual content for its members. These events are all online and can be accessed by members no matter where they are in the world.
Upcoming events include:
- March 23, 2021, 3 p.m. CT: MSCI will host a Regional Forum webinar with Ryerson Midwest Region President Michael Burbach, Norfolk Iron and Metal Company President and COO Arnold Robinson, and Michael Taylor of Friedman Industries. The discussion, moderated by MSCI President and CEO Bob Weidner, will provide a unique local perspective on topics that directly affect our members’ businesses. This free forum will be held in conjunction with MSCI’s Northwest, Mid-America, and Texas Chapters, and is open to all MSCI members who are interested in what is happening in the Midwest and Texas regions of the country. Click here for more information and to register.
- March 31, 12 p.m. CT: MSCI will host a free one-hour webinar featuring Professor Todd Milbourn, Vice Dean of Faculty and Research and Hubert C. and Dorothy R. Moog Professor of Finance at the Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis, to discuss the recent Robinhood/Reddit/GameStop activity that has roiled the markets, regulators, and Congress. Click here to learn more and register.
- April 5, 2021, 11 a.m. ET: MSCI will host a free webinar with R. Mark McCareins who will explain why developing a well-grounded legal strategy is a powerful tool in developing offensive and defensive business strategies. McCareins has provided commercial legal advice to clients for more than 30 years and is on the faculty at Northwestern University’s Kellogg Graduate School of Management. Click here to learn more and register.
- April 8, 2021, 11 a.m. CT: MSCI will host a free, one-hour webinar for members to discuss the housing sector’s impact on metals services centers. Elizabeth Rust, senior economist at Keybridge Research, will discuss whether – and how much – residential construction drives more service center shipments. Click here to learn more and register.
- April 13, 2021, 1 p.m. CT: MSCI will host a free, one-hour webinar with Toby Mack, president and CEO of the Energy Equipment and Infrastructure Alliance, who will discuss the outlook for energy upstream, midstream and downstream infrastructure construction, including production facilities, pipelines and export terminals. Click here to learn more and register.
- April 15, 2021, 11 a.m. CT: MSCI will host a free webinar with Dr. Bernie Banks, a former U.S. Army aviator, West Point graduate and faculty member, retired brigadier general, faculty member at Thayer Leadership, and management and associate dean for leadership at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. Dr. Banks will discuss two important tactics for leaders that can improve their organization’s performance: the after action review and the tactical pause. Click here for more information and to register.
- April 29, 2021, 1 p.m. CT: MSCI will host a CEO Huddle with William M. Hickey, Jr., chairman of Lapham-Hickey Steel, and C. Davis Nelsen, chairman and CEO of Nelsen Steel Company. The two will share their reflections on the new norm, the outlook for the steel industry and industrial metals distribution, and their perspective on end-use market demand. Click here for more information and to register.
- August 8, 2021, 3 p.m. CT: MSCI will host a free, one-hour webinar with Optimum Safety Management’s Steve Yates. Yates will focus on the safe use of below-the-hook devices, rigging, and forklifts, along with additional emphasis on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s new enforcement action related to hand injuries. Click here to learn more and register.