President-Elect Trump Outlines His Priorities For His First 100 Days In Office
Since the Nov. 8 election, President-elect Donald Trump has gradually outlined his policy priorities for his first 100 days in office. National Journal magazine is keeping track of these promises and outlined below are the pledges that the Metals Service Center Institute (MSCI) believes could impact the metals industry:
- Regulatory Reform: Require that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated.
- Trade And Currency Manipulation: Announce intention to withdraw from or renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement; announce the withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership; direct the Secretary of Treasury to label China a currency manipulator; and direct the Secretary of Commerce to identify all foreign trading abuses.
- Energy And Infrastructure: Lift restrictions on the production of American energy reserves like oil, natural gas and coal; allow projects like the Keystone Pipeline to move forward; and create an infrastructure program that leverages public-private partnerships and spurs private investments through tax incentives.
- Health Care: Repeal major portions of the Affordable Care Act.
- Tax Reform: Simplify the tax code and reduce individual, small business, and corporate income tax rates.
Visit MSCI’s advocacy webpage to check out its public policy priorities for 2017 and beyond.