Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day – And Neither Was The Keystone Pipeline
The federal permit for TransCanada’s Keystone XL Pipeline has been in the federal review process for six years. Last week, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce listed six projects that took less time to build than the pipeline. They are:
- The Golden Gate Bridge: it took 4 years to build the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Hoover Dam: it took 5 years to build this dam, which is two football fields thick.
- Boeing Everett Factory: it took just 1 year to construct the largest building in the world.
- Pentagon: it took 2 years to construct the building that houses the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Atlanta International Airport: it took 2 years to build the airport with the largest passenger terminal in the world.
- Beaver Stadium: it took 2 years to build the second-largest stadium in college football.