MSCI is deeply committed to advancing the cause of safety in the metals industry. The purpose of creating a joint program with the National Safety Council is to promote the adoption of formal safety programs among MSCI member companies and, over time, increase the overall safety of the metals industry. Using the resources this program offers MSCI member companies can access NSC's Advanced Safety Certificate training programs in their local area and take advantage of a wide range of free safety tools that will help them create a safer workplace.
- Offer compelling evidence demonstrating the value of investing in safety
- Provide locally available training resources aimed at completion of the NSC Advanced Safety Certificate
- Provide access to safety experts within a 24 hour turnaround period
- Provide a road map for continuous improvement in safety performance
- Help identify critical safety performance gaps and based on those gaps determine the next steps to fixing them
- Make resources available for learning about specific safety topics and point to the appropriate training or learning materials
Create an incentive for MSCI member companies to develop professional safety programs. The incentive will be visible MSCI recognition to place at their location, a plaque that the company can use when recruiting new employees to their safer workplace, and to use when talking to customers and suppliers who are increasingly interested in having business partners who maintain safe workplaces.
The requirements to achieve recognition under this program are:
- Must be an MSCI member in good standing
- Must have at least one employee who has completed, or is in the process of completing, NSC’s Advanced Safety Certificate program
- At least one employee must attend MSCI’s annual Safety Conference each year
- The company must provide their data to MSCI’s Annual Safety Survey
To sign up, please click the link below. An MSCI member account is required. You'll be taken to the National Safety Council site where you'll complete the registration process. After registration, you can access the program directly on the NSC website.
Already Registered? Access the program here.
Don't have an MSCI account? Click here to create one.