The Look Ahead: 36 Days Until The ACA Employer Mandate Takes Effect!
- House Republican leaders revealed their schedule for the 114th Congress.
- Fall 2014: The U.S. Labor Department is expected to release new draft overtime regulations.
- Fall 2014: The National Labor Relations Board is expected to issue ambush elections rule, which will make it easier for unions to organize employees.
- Dec. 2, 2014, Washington, DC: The U.S. House Judiciary Committee holds a hearing on President Barack Obama’s immigration policy.
- Dec. 3, 2014, 10 a.m., Washington, DC: The U.S. House Homeland Security Committee holds a hearing on President Barack Obama’s immigration policy.
- Jan. 1, 2015: The Affordable Care Act employer mandate takes effect. Learn more here.
- Jan. 15-16, 2015, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.: MSCI will hold its annual Tubular Conference. This event will feature remarks by Julie Cram, MSCI’s representative in Washington, who will discuss the policy outlook for the 114th Congress. Register for this event on MSCI’s website.
- Early 2015: The U.S. Energy Information Agency is expected to release a study on the economic impact of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s draft regulation governing emissions from existing power plants.