The Look Ahead: See Congress’s 2015 Schedule
- House Republican leaders revealed their schedule for the 114th Congress.
- Fall/Winter 2014: The National Labor Relations Board is expected to issue ambush elections rule, which will make it easier for unions to organize employees.
- Dec. 9, 2014, 10 a.m., Washington, DC: The National Association of Manufacturers Regulatory Policy Committee will hold a meeting to discuss the regulatory reform agenda for the 114th Congress. Click here to RSVP.
- Dec. 16, 11 a.m. ET: The National Association of Manufacturers holds a conference call update on the EPA’s proposed Waters of the U.S. rule. Click here to participate in the call.
- Jan. 1, 2015: The Affordable Care Act employer mandate takes effect. Learn more here.
- Jan. 9, 2015, 9 a.m., Washington, DC: The National Association of Manufacturers International Trade Policy Committee holds a meeting with Deputy U.S. Trade Representative Robert Holleyman II.
- Jan. 15-16, 2015, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.: MSCI will hold its annual Tubular Conference. This event will feature remarks by Julie Cram, MSCI’s representative in Washington, who will discuss the policy outlook for the 114th Congress. Register for this event on MSCI’s website.
- February 2015: The U.S. Labor Department is expected to release new draft overtime regulations.
- Early 2015: The U.S. Energy Information Agency is expected to release a study on the economic impact of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s draft regulation governing emissions from existing power plants.