The Look Ahead: See Congress’s Schedule For 2015!
- House Republican leaders revealed their schedule for the 114th Congress.
- Jan. 1, 2015: The Affordable Care Act employer mandate takes effect. Learn more here.
- Jan. 9, 2015, 9 a.m., Washington, DC: The National Association of Manufacturers International Trade Policy Committee holds a meeting with Deputy U.S. Trade Representative Robert Holleyman II. Registration is available here.
- Jan. 14, 2015, 2 p.m., Washington, DC: The National Association of Manufacturers holds a briefing on federal tax reform with former U.S. Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) and former Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Holtz-Eakin. Registration is available here.
- Jan. 15-16, 2015, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.: MSCI will hold its annual Tubular Conference. This event will feature remarks by Julie Cram, MSCI’s representative in Washington, who will discuss the policy outlook for the 114th Congress. Register for this event on MSCI’s website.
- February 2015: The U.S. Labor Department is expected to release new draft overtime regulations.
- Early 2015: The U.S. Energy Information Agency is expected to release a study on the economic impact of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s draft regulation governing emissions from existing power plants.