USTR Requests Public Comments On EU And UK Trade Agreements
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) has formally requested public comments on potential trade agreements with the European Union (EU) and the United Kingdom (UK). For both requests, USTR is seeking comments on a number of issues, including:
- General and product-specific negotiating objectives for the proposed agreement
- Barriers to trade in goods and services that should be addressed in the negotiations;
- Impact of the removal or reduction of goods tariffs and non-tariff barriers;
- Customs and trade facilitation issues; and
- Sanitary and phytosanitary measures and technical barriers to trade.
Comments to the USTR on a potential agreement with the EU are due on Dec. 10, 2018. Requests to testify at a Dec. 14, 2018 public hearing on the matter are due the same day. Click here for more information.
Comments to the USTR on a potential agreement with the EU are due on Jan. 15, 2019. Requests to testify at a Jan. 29, 2019 public hearing on the matter are due the same day. Click here for more information.