CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA. CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their personal information. This section (our “California Privacy Notice”) describes our personal information practices, and contains these required disclosures and instructions for California residents who wish to exercise their rights under CCPA.
Please note that, to the extent permitted under CCPA, this California Privacy Notice does not apply to the personal information of California residents that we collect:
- From our workforce members or prospects for employment-related purposes; or
- In the course of certain business-to-business transactions.
We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect, and which of these categories we disclose for “business purposes” purposes as these terms are defined under CCPA.
- We may disclose any of the above categories of personal information for either a “commercial purpose” or a “business purposes” as these terms are defined in CCPA.
California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents have the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- This means that you can request that we delete personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out. CCPA provides a right to opt-out of the “sale” of personal information as the term “sale” is defined in CCPA. Please note that we do not currently engage in the “sale” (as defined by CCPA) of personal information. If you would like to limit the cookies and other tracking tools used our on Platform, please visit our About Our Ads policy.
- Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request.
California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at email@example.com. Please indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request, specify which right you are exercising, and include your name, telephone number and the email address you used to access our Platform.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CALIFORNIA RIGHTS. If you reside in California, you also have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” request, and include your name, telephone number and the email address you used to access our Platform.
NEVADA PRIVACY NOTICE
This section (our “Nevada Privacy Notice”) outlines certain rights for Nevada residents. If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A (“603A”), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain “personal information” as defined under this law that we have collected or will collect about you. We do not currently engage in the “sale” (as defined by Nevada law” of personal information. That stated, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at email@example.com. Please indicate you are a Nevada resident making a “Nevada Opt-Out” request, and include your name, telephone number and the email address you used to access our Platform.
© 2021 Metals Service Center Institute. All rights reserved.