Effective managers understand and use financial statements and tools to achieve results. Through this course, managers in non-financial functional areas will gain the confidence to consistently use financial tools, deploy and track appropriate metrics, and better understand the “big picture” to make decisions that enhance company value. We will cover:
- The basics of balance sheets, income and cashflow statements
- The connection between financial statements and strategy
- The connection between financial statements, incentives and employee behavior
- Fundamentals of the cost of capital
- Simple concepts in valuations
- General financial literacy
The program will use examples from the metals industry as appropriate.
Professor Samuel Chun, Assistant Dean & Managing Director of Executive Education Professor of Management Practice, Washington University, Olin Business School
Seats are limited. Register early, and contact Monique Combs with questions.
(847) 485-3004 or (708) 704-1289