Last Chance To Register For MSCI’s Economic Summit
The Metals Service Center Institute’s annual Economic Summit is next week—Aug. 20-21 in Schaumburg, Ill.—but there’s still time to register (click here to see who already has). Registration is available here. Click now so you don’t miss out on speakers like Bill Strauss, senior economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, who will provide inside analysis of the U.S. economy and the manufacturing sector as it relates to monetary policy and the role of the Federal Reserve Bank.
You also don’t want to miss expert analysis of vital end-use market data by:
- Richard Aboulafia, vice president, analysis, Teal Group Corporation, who will discuss expected changes for commercial, defense and private aircraft;
- Kevin Girdharry, manager, policy and data analysis, Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, who will give a forecast for home appliances in the United States and Canada;
- Michael Robinet, director, global production forecasts, IHS Automotive, who will offer the complete outlook for North American automotive and light truck output;
- Shane Norton, director, IHS Markit, who will provide the outlook for automotive after-market parts;
- Kenneth D. Simonson, chief economist, Associated General Contractors of America, who will provide the outlook for commercial real estate & power generation projects:
- Bill Edgar, senior analyst, Edgar LLC, who will offer a forecast for U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army procurement, and federal spending;
- Lauren Saidel-Baker, economist, ITR Economics, who will provide an outlook for the food service and processing industries as well as medical equipment and an outlook and trends for geothermal, wind, solar, biofuels;
- Don Johnson, retired chief economist of Caterpillar and founder, Precision Economics Inc., who will provide an outlook for agricultural, construction, industrial machinery, mining equipment and heavy truck manufacturing;
- Tony Nash, founder and CEO, Complete Intelligence, who will provide an outlook for federal and large-scale private projects in roads, bridges, ports and high-speed trains;
- Eric Starks, CEO and chairman, FTR Transportation Intelligence, who will provide an outlook for rail cars and rail infrastructure;
- Robert Dietz, chief economist, National Association of Home Builders, who will provide an outlook for the housing market; and
- Laura Speake, regional chief economist, Caterpillar, who will provide an outlook for oil, natural gas, and fracking.
Robert F. Wescott, founder and president of Keybridge Research LLC, an economic consulting firm in Washington, D.C. also will introduce MSCI’s new end market research tool, Momentum Monitors.