MSCI’s Week Is Packed With FREE Events
While the coronavirus pandemic has kept industrial metals industry colleagues from meeting in person, the Metals Service Center Institute is working to develop engaging, online contents for its members. These events are all online and can be accessed by members no matter where they are in the world.
Upcoming events include:
- December 2, 2020, 1 p.m. CT, CEO Huddle: MSCI will welcome John Reid, president and CEO of Russel Metals, and Barry Zekelman, executive chairman and CEO of Zekelman Industries, for a thought-provoking discussion with MSCI President and CEO Bob Weidner. Reid and Zekelman will share their reflections on the new normal during COVID-19, the outlook for the metals industry and industrial metals distribution, post-election implications for infrastructure spending, regulations, manufacturing, and much more. The CEO Huddle allows every person in the metals industry to hear from our industry’s top leaders. Please invite all of your teammates to join. Click here for more information and to register.
- December 3, 2020, 11 a.m. CT, Free Webinar: MSCI will host a free webinar to discuss metals industry technology trends based on the annual Crowe LLP IT survey. Speakers will be Tony Barnes, Metals Industry Lead at Crowe LLP, and Jon Bovit, Managing Director at Resilinc who will ask: what are the biggest technology challenges and where are the biggest opportunities? How are companies connecting to customers? Our topics will range from upgrading ERP systems, cybersecurity capabilities, logistics, warehouse and production systems to how artificial intelligence is being adopted and used in metals companies. Click here for more information and to register.
- December 3, 2020, 3 p.m. CT, Regional Chapter Forum Webinar: MSCI will host a Regional Chapter Forum Webinar for leaders from the Eastern part of the Midwest United States. MSCI’s Bob Weidner will moderate. The discussion will feature: Dan Kelly, president of Benjamin Steel Company, Inc.; Todd Leebow, president and CEO of Majestic Steel USA, Inc.; Micky Tschirhart, vice president of Scion Steel; and Andrew Greiff, president and COO of Olympic Steel, Inc. While this event will be held in conjunction with MSCI’s Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Northern Ohio, and Michigan Chapters, all MSCI members are welcome. Click here for more information and to register.
- December 8, 2020, 11 a.m. CT, Free Webinar: MSCI will host a free economic update webinar presented by Keybridge Research. The webinar will feature Dr. Rob Wescott, Keybridge president, and Elizabeth Rust, a Keybridge senior economist who will discuss key economic developments that affect the industrial metals sector. Click here for more information and to register.
- January 14, 2021, 3 p.m. CT, Regional Chapter Forum Webinar: MSCI will host the next installment in its free Regional Chapter Forum Webinar series. This discussion will focus on the Central Midwest United States and will be held in conjunction with MSCI’s Central States, Indiana, St. Louis, Wisconsin Chapters. The forum is open to all MSCI members who are interested in what is happening in this part of the country. Panelists will include Mike Lerman, president of Steel Warehouse Co.; Mike Petersen, CEO of Petersen Aluminum Corp.; Bill Ring, president of Dalco Metals, Inc.; and Bill Zielinski, President and COO of Chicago Tube and Iron Co. While this is a free event, please consider making a donation to MSCI’s scholarship program through MSCI’s donation portal. for more information and to register.