Don’t Miss MSCI’s Virtual Annual Meeting And Economic Summit
The Metals Service Center Institute (MSCI) continues to hold weekly webinars related COVID-19 for its members only:
- On Thursday, June 18 at 11 a.m. CT, MSCI will host a one-hour webinar entitled, “Principles for Leading – Right Now. The webinar will include an open-ended conversation with Maj. Gen. (Ret) Malcolm Frost, who will answer leadership questions based on his military, command and business experience. Click here to register.
- On Thursday, June 18 at 1 p.m. CT, MSCI will host a safety webinar with SafeStart’s Danny Smith, who will discuss the development of personal safety skills, one of the best strategies to prevent injuries. Smith will explain how this process, even in constantly changing and “uncontrolled” environments outside of the workplace, enables workers to better protect themselves. Click here to register.
As a reminder, last week, MSCI held a webinar on the psychology of leadership. Member companies can find information from that discussion, and all of MSCI’s past webinars here.
There is more, too! On Thursday, June 25 at 10 a.m. CT, MSCI will hold a Virtual Annual Meeting of Members. In addition to MSCI’s normal governance-related agenda items, it will honor several volunteer leaders, including the recipient of the prestigious Jack Malec Chapter Leadership award. This year the award will go to Cordreanne Heinzen of Tampa Bay Steel who has distinguished herself more than 15 years as a committed volunteer leader for MSCI’s Florida Chapter. MSCI also will honor two prominent industry executives this year with Lifetime Achievement awards, its highest honor. William M. (Bill) Hickey, Jr., Lapham Hickey Steel, and Marc A. Schupan, Schupan & Sons, will be inducted into MSCI’s Hall of Fame.
MSCI also is planning to hold its annual Economic Summit from September 14 to 16. This event will be all online and it is the only conference that provides in-depth and inside information about metals customers, industry-by-industry. Over three days, MSCI will provide 21 individual sessions including:
- More than a dozen end-use market forecasts;
- Analysis and predictions from top U.S. and global economists; and
- “Leading through a Crisis,” presented by a retired U.S. Army Major General.