Free Webinar This Week On The Value Of Apprenticeships
While the coronavirus pandemic has kept industrial metals industry colleagues from meeting in person, the Metals Service Center Institute is working to develop engaging, virtual content for its members. These events are all online and can be accessed by members no matter where they are in the world.
Upcoming events include:
- February 25, 2021, 2 p.m. CT: MSCI will host a free fireside chat webinar entitled, “The Value of Apprenticeships: What, Why, and How?” with Robert Lerman, Urban Institute Emeritus Professor of Economics, and MSCI President and CEO Bob Weidner. Apprenticeship is a time-honored approach to learning and achieving high levels of occupational skill. Bob and Robert will provide an in-depth review of why apprenticeships are cost-effective for companies and workers and how service centers can best implement apprenticeship programs to take advantage of these benefits. Click here for more information and to register.
- March 3, 2021, 11 a.m. CT: MSCI will host a free economic update webinar presented by Keybridge Research and featuring Keybridge President Dr. Rob Wescott and Senior Economist Elizabeth Rust. This event is one of MSCI’s regular webinar series for members on key economic developments that affect the industrial metals sector. Click here for more information and to register.
- March 10, 2021, 2 p.m. CT: MSCI will host a free webinar with Steve Yates of Optimum Safety. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has updated its National Emphasis Program to identify and reduce or eliminate amputation hazards in manufacturing sectors, and to increase inspections for those companies, including any establishment with metal fabrication and forging activities. Metal service centers with value-added services are also included in this program and should be prepared for additional target inspections. This webinar will discuss OSHA’s focus areas and how companies can be prepared for an unplanned inspection. Click here to learn more and to register.
- March 18, 2021, 10 a.m. CT: MSCI President and CEO Bob Weidner will host a “CEO Huddle: In the Moment” discussion with Ryerson President and CEO Eddie Lehner and Steel Dynamics President and CEO Mark Millett. These two leaders will share their reflections on the outlook for the steel industry and industrial metals distribution, end-use market demand, and the potential implications of fiscal policy and infrastructure spending. Click here for more information and to register.
- March 23, 2021, 3 p.m. CT: MSCI will host a Regional Forum webinar with Ryerson Midwest Region President Michael Burbach and Norfolk Iron and Metal Company President and COO Arnold Robinson. The discussion, moderated by MSCI President and CEO Bob Weidner, will provide a unique local perspective on topics that directly affect our members’ businesses. This free forum will be held in conjunction with MSCI’s Northwest, Mid-America, and Texas Chapters, and is open to all MSCI members who are interested in what is happening in the Midwest and Texas regions of the country. Click here for more information and to register.