What States, Provinces Are Reopening And How You Can Prepare?
According to The New York Times, (more than half of the U.S. states have begun to reopen at least some nonessential businesses. The Times provides detailed information about the status of operations in each states, as does the U.S. Chamber of Commerce (USCC), the National Association of Manufacturers, and the Winston & Strawn COVID-19 Legal Task Force, which has created tracker and a COVID-19 Client Resource Center that includes daily updates on COVID-19 legal issues.
To the north, CTV News is tracking reopening in the provinces. There also are several resources businesses can turn to for information on best safety practices and general principles for relaunching operations.
The Metals Service Center Institute (MSCI) recommends that member companies review:
- Joint guidance for manufacturers from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration. The CDC also provides a decision tree that can help businesses decide whether they should reopen.
- MSCI COVID-19 webinars related to safety, all of which can be found here.
- The USCC’s Digital Resources Center, which has several tools for business owners as they prepare to return to work, including an employee screening questionnaire, a small business reopening playbook, industry-specific guides, and a list of state-specific health guidelines.
- Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters, which offers information about personal protective equipment best practices, and advice about re-integrating employees.
- IndustryWeek’s operational checklist, which discusses inventory, deliveries, and potential risk reduction actions.